featured Made by me

Summer dress from Burdastyle

Wednesday, August 01, 2012Johanna




I've been really putting my issues of Burdastyle magazine to good use lately. This must be the fourth project in a row that comes from my magazine stash. Being a pattern magazine hoarder does have it's benefits, and I do think a lot styles stands the test of time, or at least they still feel reasonably current after 3-4 years. This pattern is from 2009. And I recently made a discovery in the attic where I found my old pattern magazine stash from the 80's and early 90's. Stay tuned for a blog post about them.

This sort of style with a raglan sleeve and a gathered neckline is called singoalla in Sweden, after a novel about a gypsy woman named Singoalla. Does this design has a special name in English too?

For more about this dress and pattern you can read my review.

4 kommentarer

  1. Cute dress. That horizontal stripe print is perfect for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such beautiful fabric and I love the Singoalla style of tops and dresses. I think it's just peasant top, well that's what I know it as anyway. Great to see you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those sleeves! the fabric is great too.

    ReplyDelete