Friday, August 17, 2012

Birthday breakfast and Kraftwerk

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I had a splendid weekend, going to a festival and celebrating the birthday all weekend was a great combination. As usual we had plenty of fun, with the music being just one part of the fun puzzle, the rest is hanging out with friends. Also my 13-year old daughter was finally old enough to join us and luckily she doesn't mind (at least for now) hanging out with grown ups. On the other hand I'm not sure she always sees us as proper grown ups. When I asked about it afterwards she said that we weren't like ordinary grown ups, we were kinda special (special as in odd I think!).

Here are some photos from Saturday when I had my little party and we saw Kraftwerk.


We started off with a birthday cake breakfast. Since it was a festival we had to have the party early, hence the breakfast. The cookies in the front with raspberry jam is a classic Swedish butter cookie that I will post the recipe for in another post.


Stella is replenishing her fuels for a third day of music festival. 



Parts of our gang. 


In an inspired moment we decided to emulate a Kraftwerk cover. I don't think a photo that I've posted  on Facebook has gotten this much likes before so maybe we had some success, hehe? You be the judge. The daughter was the talent behind the camera.



Yes Kraftwerk put on a 3D-show. Pretty awesome.


Kraftwerk was a truly a mind blowing experience, unlike any other concert I've been to. All the visuals and the fantastic sound put the audience in an almost meditative place. It was a concert that I never wanted to end. The critics raved too afterwards. 

4 comments:

  1. I love Kraftwerk they blow my mind to when i was on their concert !
    Izrada pečata osijek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful birthday weekend. It looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend. Kudos to your daughter on some awesome photography in that picture! It was awesome.


    My homepage | Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I can't believe it's a year since you blogged! Happy birthday as it is about that time of year again. Hope we hear from you soon.. I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're doing good, just not blogging anymore...

    ReplyDelete