Saturday, April 14, 2012

March and April - a recap

It's been a while since I last blogged. The reason is a combination of too little time and too much other stuff taking up my head space. I still love blogging but if things pile up, blogging always falls to the wayside. So here is a long recap of what has been going on in my life this last month or so.


I went to a spa which was totally fantastic. It was a wedding present from my husband, the spa was very upscale and gorgeous, and I came back feeling more relaxed than I have in a very long time.



Fresh off the spa I put on my skates and went for a roll with my eldest daughter. I just love skating outdoors.



My roller derby-team had it's first home bout. I worked as a volunteer, the dress code was nautical and I wore my sailor pants that I made a few years back. We lost, but had a blast, over 800 people came which was probably the biggest crowd ever on a Swedish roller derby-game. (Photos:  Rasmus Bonnedal and Katia)


Went through some challenging personal stuff. At times like these I just want to throw my arms up in the air and go "why does life has to be so hard??". I just feel so powerless and lost.



Celebrated Easter. I love Easter, it is such a mellow holiday without any "must do's", I'm off work, there is candy and good food, and the weather is sometimes really nice. 



I managed to fail my second minimum skill test in roller derby. Which officially makes me feel like a crap player, especially since some of my mates passed the test this time. I will keep on training though and I can't say enough on how great this sport has been for me, I love being part of a team effort. (Photos: Villa and Miriam)


The kids had Easter holiday and we went to see The Hunger Game (pretty great, even though parts of the plot was eerily similar to Battle Royale). And on Friday I was off work and we spent a day downtown. My children are growing up. I can really sense that now. 



After our friends has been nagging us for years we finally have begun watching Dexter. We are on season 3 now and while I think some plots are less engaging this season, the series still holds up. It even inspired me to make my first ever key lime pie.

I have done some sewing too, but I will save that for a separate post.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy your key lime pie looks good! You have been busy. I hope things are getting easier now. When life is full and rewarding it can also be trying and hard - what a contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie was super tasty, and we still got some left :) And you put it very well, life is seldom either or, and I want to share both sides of life, even though I mostly write about sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sewing but it's a part of a life and sometimes life gets in the way of many things! I love to hear about people's lives.

    ReplyDelete