Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A tencel blouse and a wish for spring


This is a blouse design that came to me while I was walking to work. I think my mind works the best when I am walking, I usually get tons of new ideas. Biking is not nearly as good for my thought processes unfortunately, which is how I get to work on most days. I bought this wonderful soft high quality tencel fabric, that I wasn't sure what to with. It is light and and has a fantastic drape, but I don't really do much draped styles. And soft drapey knits ar often hard to work with, in terms of construction. So I was a bit lost on what to do until I thought about combining it with this burnt out poplin, I just love the floral pattern and I have this fabric in white too. As for the tencel it is basically a rayon that is made in a more environmentally sound way and the waste products are recycled. This fabric is also called lyocell sometimes.  

 The neck and keyhole opening is constructed with ready made knit bias tape, I am seriously addicted to this stuff. I got knit bias tape in several different colors and use them for all kinds of projects. 


I hemmed the sleeves using machine blind hem stitches to create a scallop effect. I had to experiment with the settings quite a a bit before I got it right.

Nowhere near bare legs weather here in Sweden yet. We even had snow again tonight. But that too will pass.

8 comments:

  1. How cute is that blouse?? SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your top! Walking to work really was great, wasn't it? What a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ensemble is ADORABLE! I really like your hair in this shot too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. So pretty and feminine. J'adore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never heard of knit bias tape, but I love bias tape in general. I'll have to check it out. Lovely top you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with the knit bias tape. Where do you get it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete