Friday, February 10, 2012

Ice glass




I don't like winter much. And the only thing I really like about winter is skiing, which I don't do anymore. So mostly winter it's just a hassle that makes everything a bit harder. But today when I passed a bridge on my way to work I saw what looked like an ice castle in the middle of a river stream. I had my camera with me so I decided to brave myself down to the river bank. The castle looked better from afar, but I discovered something else instead. Every sprig was covered with the most beautiful ice formations, that looked like they were made of handblown glass.  

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful.... It's the same here... I live in Uppsala and it's frosty and super cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I rarely get to see anything like this, since I live in N. California where we rarely get snow -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add - yesterday it hit 68 degrees F, which I think is 20 C?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Never anything like this in my part of Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful. Reminds me of the photos I found on Mom's camera after she passed away. She hated the cold, but obviously couldn't resist going out to snap photos of the beautiful ice hanging from eaves, limbs and phone lines. Every season has its wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so lovely! They do look like glass, like a tiny Dale Chihuly adorned the reeds :-)

    ReplyDelete