Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The apron skirt




I have been a bit busy sewing lately. Though not much to show for yet, I am mostly drafting and testing new patterns, but this weekend I finished an apron skirt that I'm really happy about. I have had this design mulling in my head for a while. By splitting up the skirt in two pieces it became pretty easy to add discreet  inseam pockets in the front. The skirt is made from organic cotton twill and decorated with regular cotton twill tape. I got a tutorial in the works on how to quickly attach bands and ribbons on a skirt, while still keeping a straight line. No basting required!

4 comments:

  1. That looks lovely and I am looking forward to that tutorial - I'm hopeless at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More clothes should have pockets. Your skirt looks lovely. I too am looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute cute cute.
    (super cute!)
    I may have to sew up Vogue 1247 again (similar to yours but not with a gathered waist) and add ribbon/bias tape. yea!

    ReplyDelete