Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 - a year in review

So apparently we are already on day four of the new year! Which made me realize that I need to hurry up with my annual blogging retrospective. If I procrastinate a little longer, it might as well be March before I get around to it. Something really does happen with the perception of time when we get older. So here comes my year of sewing and blogging.

Favorite sewing project:
My wedding dress by all accounts. Yes it was stressful and the fabrics were insane to work with, but I loved the outcome and the special meaning. This dress will always have a very sacred place in my heart.


Most worn: 
 The Karl Lagerfeldt skirt. I wear this so much, like every week.
And much more than any other skirt. It's genius. Genius! Just like Karl.


Most exciting blog development: 
I started adding recipes! Yes I can get excited about the small things in life :) Sometimes the sewing blogging can be a little constricting so 2011 I gradually started to include other things in the blog. I never have any plans with this blog, it all sort of happens organically and on inspiration. Which is also why sometimes the blogging is a bit erratic.

Biggest surprise:
That I would take up roller derby at the age of 39. We return to training tomorrow and I got serious jitters. What if I have forgotten how to skate?

Biggest mistake:
The dress that turned into a top because I can be such a absent minded person sometimes. Note to self:  Double check the fabric before cutting it. I like the top though.


Best wardrobe builder: 
The Burdastyle workout t-shirt. Words cannot describe what a brilliant lounge top this is. This is the first top I grab in the wardrobe after washing. In fact I often pick it straight from the washing bag.


 Biggest blog celebrity moment:
When I got an email from the director of the Halston documentary that I reviewed. He agreed that Richard E Grant would be perfect to play Halston!

9 comments:

  1. I love your 2011 highlights, and the variety of information you post. Good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your highlight post! So different from what other bloggers post.

    Good luck with training! Skating is like a bicycle - muscle memory kicks in and you never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some really nice makes, your wedding dress is beautiful. And that's really cool that the director of the Halston documentary contacted you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous re-cap list! I'd say you had a good year!

    Congratulations on the marriage!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, great year in review. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only found your blog this year, but I'm looking forward to sharing 2012 highlights with you as they happen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a good, creative year for you, obviously. I hope 2012 will be the same or even better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have had an interesting year! And I think one topic blogs are probably more work than fun...and potentially boring. I'd rather hear about a well rounded person myself (roller hockey at 39, that's well rounded - or insane, I'm not sure which). Thanks so much for sharing your creative adventures with us! Your wedding dress did turn out beautifully. Best wishes for 2012!

    ReplyDelete