Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wrap dress fabric


Went out fabric shopping today. Man is it hard to find stable knits with nice prints! In fact it was impossible and I ended up with a stretchy rayon/lycra fabric instead. I just fell head over heels with this border print and in the process had to switch pattern, I bought the Onion wrap dress pattern nr 2037 instead. Then I started obsessing about making a proper DVF knock-off, which in fact doesn't have neither a waist seem nor any darts and is quite similar to the Onion pattern.


I'm thinking something in the line of this Jeanne dress. Perhaps with a collar, but that would mean I have to draft one my self. Oh well. Will not finish this dress tonight, that's for sure.

5 comments:

  1. That fabric is just gorgeous! Good score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric too... I had never heard of Onion patterns so thanks for that link too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays to you and your family :)

    Beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love black and white fabric with geometric patterns. I am waiting impatiently for the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete