Thursday, November 3, 2011

Clothilde wool sweater





I knew I wanted to use more angular shapes for my some of the garments for Floremark's fall. The idea for this top came from an image of a large turtle neck collar that I saw as a line drawing in an old sewing book. It has been in the back of my head for a long long time and now it has sort of transpired into this sweater. Though the original collar doesn't really look like this at all. Stuff happens on the way and I ended going for a more softer version, that feels almost draped. I don't really know what you call this collar in English, perhaps a folded (or opened) funnel neck?

I managed to get my hands on some more of the magical wool rib that I used for Celia and Kelly. Though the shade is a little lighter then the original fabric. Medium dark blue perhaps? Clothilde is now in the shop.

4 comments:

  1. I do not know how to call this type of collar in English, either. But I like it and the whole project is very "wearable".

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - English is my first language and I don't know what to call it either! Excellent execution, though, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design!! I totally love that collar shape, and it's not one I've really seen elsewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete