Saturday, October 29, 2011

Whiz Tailor


Every roller derby player has to have a nickname and a number. The nick is usually tongue in cheek and often a play with words such as Wine-O-Mite or Chickie McSluggests. I wanted something that was linked with sewing in some way and toyed around with a few, like Speedy Needle and some others that I no longer can remember. But then I came up with Whiz Tailor, so now you can just call me Whiz!

There is a team member blog about us rookies and today I'm featured as, well, one of the rookies. Or fresh meat as it's called in derby. You'll find me here (in Swedish), though I was too lazy to put on all the protective gear for the photo. But if you want to see me in the rink with helmet and stuff, you can spot me in this crowd.

5 comments:

  1. Fresh meat chronicles! What a reminder of all the bruises you're at risk of acquiring. Better you than me! I'm a big chicken - not to mention thoroughly un-coordinated on wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is a tough sport! The injuries are the one thing I'm still a bit weary about, but so far so good. The sport is definitely addictive, and being part of a team gives exercise a whole new dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! May you not bruise too easily :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your chosen nickname - so appropriate. And I hope you are "bruise-resistent" as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete