Monday, September 19, 2011

A rock and a hard place





As I mentioned in a previous post I was out dancing on Friday. I went with my jumpsuit friend Cattie and again we decided to to a theme. I don't know why I haven't been done this more often over the years, it really adds to the experience and puts you in a great mood! And can totally compensate for club hazards like bad music and annoying people.

This time we were aiming for a Joan Jett/rock chick-look. In a way it's a pretty easy style to emulate. But for someone like me, who doesn't look like that at all usually, it is very easy to step into masquerade territory. So I decided to skip the skulls and the studded belt and pick a more subdued look. I really like Alison Mosshart's style, so I tried to emulate that a bit. Then I spend some time watching this video (clue: it is called How to get the rock chick look). It was very helpful, and I loved quotes like "even though it shouldn't look perfect, there is kind of a perfect way of applying it". To be honest I should have used even more make-up and darker hair wouldn't have hurt either. But I think my friend Cattie pulled it off perfectly. I think the word "dead ringer" would be the correct term in this case...

(no caption necessary)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you look great! I like your theme. But I will never be a rock chick- I'ma confirmed dag!

    ReplyDelete