Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Secretary blouse






I started this one before the holiday but never got around to finish it up and blog about it. It's looking a bit 60's doesn't it? You can almost imagine a secretary in some swinging 60's British comedy wearing it. The fabric is a reissue retro print, I wouldn't be surprised if it was used for curtains back when, but it does look a bit 30's too with the petite flowers. Anyhow, bottom line, is that I love it! Finding proper vintage fabrics that are cotton and not some synthetic mix is tricky these days, so this is a great substitute. The blouse might even make it to Floremark fall collection that I will start working on next week. We'll see. 

I guess we could also call it my birthday blouse - I'm turning 39 today. Feels a bit weird typing that out, time does seem to go faster as you age and seeing it in black and white makes me aware that I soon can call myself middle aged.
Had a lovely birthday dinner and got some great pressies, including Portal2 which is just about the only computer game that I really enjoy (the other being Red Alert). So now I got even more to interfere with my sewing time!

8 comments:

  1. Cute, I love the fabric, but then I was young in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! 39 seems young to me now, but it was the birthday I dreaded most. I like your blouse very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Happy Birthday! I really enjoy your blog and your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love it, it looks a bit like something that would have been worn by the saucy young girl on Are You Being Served. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, my dear! Love that fabric!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this wonderful blouse - love it! It's completely feminine and yet retro! Great job (as usual!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grattis på födelsedagen!

    I still have that same fabric sitting in my stash ... trying to decide if it will be something for me or for my little daughter ...

    ReplyDelete