Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reclaiming the jumpsuit





Two weeks ago a friend challenged me to wear a jumpsuit. She already owned one but couldn't muster the confidence to wear it out in public. As for me I have never worn a jumpsuit in my entire life, and since being on the short side too, didn't really think it was something for me. But since we both were in dire need of some fun and disco dancing I decided to take her up on the challenge. At first I had a hard time finding a jumpsuit at all - it does look like the fashion train for jumpsuits has left the station this time around. I also toyed with the idea of sewing one, so I could be sure of the fit. The McCall 6083 has some rave reviews over at Pattern Review but I had to scrap the idea due to time restraints.

So I had a bit of a jumpsuit crisis until I finally managed to locate a scrunched up polyester jumpsuit on a H&M rack. There were loose threads hanging everywhere, some wonky seams and the legs were like a mile too long. But after some quick work on the sewing machine - I became very pleased with the result. We styled our jumpsuits like crazy and I even wore heels. And I know everyone will not agree with me on this - but I think we managed to rock the jumpsuits! Plus it really added to the experience when we were out nightclubbing, I felt like we could almost have been strutting our stuff at Studio 54. 

9 comments:

  1. OH I agree you ROCKED the jumpsuit. Both of you look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that jumpsuit!! You look like a model in it. Now I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, SEXY!! You both most definitely reclaimed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like models in a magazine shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both look like rocker chicks...and that's a good thing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not FAIR!
    It's not FAIR!
    It's not FAIR!
    It's not FAIR!

    The only time I ever tried to wear a jumpsuit I looked like a Teletubbie, and you both look sooooo hot! Like models!

    *cry*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures - you both look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete