Friday, July 15, 2011

French Connection shorts




Sometimes I find things in stores that I know I will never be able to replicate or make better. Like these shorts from French Connection. The print, the fit, the subtle piping and the long rows of fabric covered buttons make this such a precious garment, almost reminiscent of something you could find in a vintage shop. They were pricey, so I mulled for a long while in the store and in the fitting room, even toying with the idea to recreate them at home, but then I realized that they are truly unique and not something that I would easily be able to make myself. So I gave in and forked up a good amount of cash, and I'm glad I did - they now seem to be out of stock, at least on the website (though you can still get a playsuit in the same fabric), I bought mine in a store in Stockholm. I am not a shorts person at all, I prefer skirts in the summer - in fact these are the first ones that I have really liked. Perfect for next week when we are travelling to Croatia.

Shorts: French Connection
Top: Mango (BTW I love this top, wear it all the time) 

3 comments:

  1. The fabric print is gorgeous and the details are so very nice. Great purchase ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could easily modify the Ruby Shorts pattern from the Burda website. I just made a muslin of them and they're great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shorts are very groovy!

    ReplyDelete