Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Stoff & Stil store


Tineke with little Frida in tow. 

This morning me and my local crafty blogger mate Tineke went to the new Stoff och Stil store. Stoff och Stil is a Danish vendor/mail order company that I truly wish would reach world domination. Twice a year they send you an 100+ pages catalog with fabrics, patterns, yarns, notions and it is done just like a classic mail order catalog with models in fancy locations wearing sewn up versions of the patterns and fabrics. Very inspiring. Plus the prices are good. And this week they finally opened their second store in Sweden, which is here in Göteborg. Let me tell you I have been counting the days all spring!

It is not as big as the mega store in Malmö, but the selection was good with more things than in their mail order catalog. plus a good, but small sale. Totally worth a visit if you are passing Göteborg. 


Sale goodies. Both me and Tineke bought the cream cotton with brown/yellow/orange print at the top of the stack. It's a lovely voile that I will turn into a summer shirt.


The cutting area. The store was pretty crowded, which bodes well for the future.

Various fleece fabrics. Stoff och Stil always has a huge colour selection when it comes to basic fabrics.


 YKK zipper display.

Tinekes new bag, that she made out of coffee sacks, a pair of maternity jeans and an old sheeting. Very cool.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for showing! I'm pretty sure this is the store that my husband went out of his way to visit for me when he was in Copenhagen and Malmo for work recently, only to find that is was closed :( He took a photo of the outside for me! Happy shopping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that zipper wall is amazing. I'm sure I could find what I needed there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johanna, thanks so much for this. We'll be passing through Gothenburg this year I think so I will definitely look up the new store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow! lucky to have such a very well organized store. I loved your friends cardigan too.

    ReplyDelete