Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Floremark homepage


I've been working on a little Floremark homepage lately. It is live and while there are some things that will change I thought I should settle on good enough and show it to you guys. There are things I am quite pleased about (ie the slideshow, which was a ton of work) and some that make me cringe (the bio for instance, that one will change). Writing about yourself is hard in any language, and writing in English makes me sound rather dry and humorless, which is something I feel my blog voice suffers from too sometimes. I think I tend to sound a bit academic and serious, even though as a person I'm pretty vivid and blabberish. I guess I just wanted to tell you that, that I'm not as stiff and boring as I might seem on this blog, it's just a language thing :)

9 comments:

  1. Your clothes are lovely, and your presentation of them is very appealing. I wish you sold your patterns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The homepage looks great, and your clothes are so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful! Your hard work on the slideshow was worth it. Very nicely done.

    Have you thought about asking someone else to write about you based on what information you want to share? It is difficult to write about yourself. I think you did a good job with it, but having someone else do the writing for you might give you the tone you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks lovely, I just adore your style. I think the tone of the writing is fine; it sounds genuine. I second the wish that you sold your patterns! Have you ever considered it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! looks amazing, especially love the tilly triangle skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! The logo is very art-deco - fits with your vintage vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BeccaA: Someday that might be on the horizon, but not sure how to find the time for it all!

    Siobhan: Thank you :)

    Sewing spots: Thank you! The thought of having someone else do the writing has crossed my mind, but I'm not sure who to ask. Though I have a writer friend who has a university degree in English, maybe I should check with her?

    Jane: That really warms my heart *blushes*

    Tara-Lynn: Aww, thank you so very very much!

    Lucklibbet: Yay for picking up the art deco thing, I'm a total nut for that aesthetic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny that you think your writing comes across a certain way, but I've never had that impression after reading your posts. I've never had a negative thought about your writing. In fact, I was surprised to find out you weren't in the U.S. I've always found your writing to be very personal and warm. I just love your blog and your style! Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete