Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pretty much finished





I need to list this on Etsy before tomorrow night to be eligible for the competition. So I'm not really done, but it's more fun to blog about it than to do an Etsy listing. It's inspired by the Kraftwerk song The Model, partly by the song and partly by the album cover. The front consists of several pieces, but somehow Blogger makes the red bleed so it's not particular visible. I've had a bit of a shitty weekend, so I wasn't really in the mood for the photo shoot. Perhaps I got some fierce model poses out of my less than chipper mode, one can only hope. I was actually using a fashion book with photos from the 50's as a guide, trying the emulate the poses. But I'm not really a tall elegant person, just a short grumpy one! 

Once I get my stuff in order I will post about the competition so you can see the other entries too.

Update: A huge closeup so that one can actually see the seams. 


11 comments:

  1. That is very cool! Very nice detail with the seaming and the contrast tie/bow/cuffs. The seams in particular are giving me ideas about how to save the shirt I accidentally cut into the front of last night! Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend but I like your poses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can we vote on Etsy or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful shirt! I love the seams and the versatile tie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it REALLY looks like the inspiration album cover - the colors are spot on, and the tie really reminds me of the skinny tie era of my misspent youth.

    LOVE, LOVE the seaming detail. Simple, but it really adds interest.

    Do we vote somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Thanks for reminding me of Kraftwerk. Loved them ages ago and forgot all about them. Just bought the album on iTunes. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thank you guys! Your comments actually made my mood better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great and so different with bow up or down. I like the seaming too. Hope your week is an improvement on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I hope you win! Let us know if we can help with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Johanna,
    I got a kick out of your post. I had to go back and reexamine the pictures to see if I could detect any grumpiness. I did not. I only saw the excellent design. I like the detailed image. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! This is such a cool top!

    ReplyDelete