Monday, November 8, 2010

Ingrid - the infinity scarf





After getting some feedback from two of my work mates, an intern and my eldest daughter (who knew that scarves could be such a hot topic?), I came up with this version of the infinity scarf. It's not rocket science or pattern magic, but I used buttons as a way to give the scarf more design options. My favorite is the first one actually, which isn't used as a classic circle scarf at all, but I really like how sleek it looks. The fabric is a wool tube knit and it's really soft to wear. I love how wools can take on so many different textures, from silky smooth to thick and coarse, and pretty much everything in between.

Ingrid is now in my Etsy store.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I really like that one. You can never have to many scarves, and buttons.... Mmm. That's the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that, it's simple but clever and the buttons really add some interest to a simple scarf..the simplest ideas often have the moest effect !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. How about making and selling me a set of PDF instructions. I need instruction on how to wear it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just placed an order for this one - I've been trying to envision a scarf for my best friend for Christmas, and your vision was EXACTLY what I was trying to come up with, with way less work on my part, though way more on yours. She's an Etsy fan, so she'll be thrilled to receive such a unique gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely scarf - really elegant and the buttons are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative idea for a scarf! I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY clever to put buttons on the scarf!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your infinity scarf turned out.

    ReplyDelete