Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Perth ascot



I just bought this beautiful merino wool ascot named Perth from Etsy seller Yarn over Movement. I don't think she has any more in the store right now, but hopefully she will add more of this clever scarf. I think the design might stem from the 30's or 40's originally. I really like Tara's interpretation of this retro gem. Even though I can't knit or crochet to save my life, these crafts are a huge deal for me, and I almost always buy things like scarfs, mittens, socks and such from local artisans or Etsy sellers.

5 comments:

  1. Cute! And it looks like it would eliminate the thing that I hate about scarves--those annoying "tails" that always end up where you don't want them. Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to check that seller out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree! While I like long scarfs too they get kinda bulky and don't work with all type of garments, so I always need something lighter too. I hope she will add more ascots again, she had several nice colours before, like burgundy and a darker blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for your kind words, i'm just thrilled you like it! & you're right it is based on knits from the 30 & 40s, i was particularly drawn to this because my granny wore knits like this back in england!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet scarf. I really like it and can imagine you could wear it with a lot of different things. I too will be checkign out the etsy seller!

    ReplyDelete