Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A perfect purchase






I have never felt that handbag rush, instead an ergonomical backpack has always been my number one choice. Oh and regular old pockets! Well at least until I made the Burdastyle Diana bag last year. Unfortunatly I picked a lousy fabric so  the once fantastic looking red colour canvas is now worn down, faded and dirty. But early in the summer I ran into a friend outside our local grocery store. We started chatting about fashion and shopping as usual and then the conversation turned to the wonderful small leather shoulder bag that she was wearing. It turned out that she had bought it in France, from a local Normandy artisan shop. I thought it was simply beautiful, so well crafted and the lock was unlike anything I had ever seen before. 

Soon we were discussing the possibility of her buying one for me too as she was going back to France during the summer. She also mentioned that she might buy a bigger version and wondered if I wanted to buy hers if so. I said yes, and when she came back, she had indeed bought a new bag for herself. So I ended up taking over hers. And since then I have worn this bag almost every day. There is just room for the wallet, keys, cell phone and a small note book - in other words perfect for a hoarder like me! I have never liked a bag as much as I like this one.

5 comments:

  1. i know exactly what you mean! recently i got a small bag that is just right for the bare necessities-wallet, keys, phone, lip balm, pocket mirror and lipstick, and it's great to get out of the door without a giant bag on your shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annet: Funny that we both came to the same bag conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! Love it when things work out just so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Antoinette: Yes, shopping can sometimes riddle me with a little guilt, but not this one! Plus it was used that found a new home, which made it even better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Och jag älskar min storebror till din. 300 spänn skall du få. Jag får kosing på tisdag.

    ReplyDelete