Monday, September 27, 2010

Yay or nay?


After fiddeling this rayon jersey in the store a few times I broke down and bought it. While the picture doesn't really do it justice, it looks and feels like it's straight from the 60's. I guess it might be described as fugly to some eyes. Or plain ugly if you ask my eldest daughter- but hey she is born in the 90's, so retro references are probably lost on her. But I have to admit I go back and forth myself on this one. On one hand I think it would make a cool sweater dress, perhaps with a funnel neck? On the other hand, I think the print is perhaps not cool/bold enough and will just luck boring and mumsy.

11 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks great on your dress form--it would make a terrific top or dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing spots: Thank you for the input! I am normally not this unsure about fabrics, but I need really need some feedback this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great. If you need just a little punch, try white piping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great. paired with white piping like the last commenter said and maybe a white belt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SdBev and Ash: Great ideas, yes that is definitely something I have thought about, that there is nothing that pops out, despite being a rather distinctive print! I will take your ideas to heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's very nice. Maybe with a drape-y neckline, like you draped it on the dressform right now? That would be beautiful I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing fugly about it. It is perfect for Vogue 8413 a structured sheath dress with a cowl neckline and three-quarter sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. It's different and gives a new twist to vertical stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...I was not born in the 90's, and I really like it. And of course the way you've draped it, I think a cowl neck would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the fabric looks great. I agree with previous commenters that a sheath dress with a cowl neck would like great.

    -Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the pattern, and I think it will look great with the neckline design you already made here.

    ReplyDelete