Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Floremark skirt


Not up in the store yet, need to settle on the sizing first. I normally only work with knits for Floremark but this fabric was just too spectacular to resist. The border is printed on a wonderful champagne colored cotton satin. I only got a few yards of it, but I would love to do more skirts like this with border prints. Ideally I would like to get back to screen printing again, perhaps do a run of this print again, but to be realistic I would need a better setup than our apartment offers.


10 comments:

  1. The skirt is stunning, as is the Grethe cardi in your previous post. I love the new line so far, the bits of dark lace and shiny buttons add a bit of romance without being frilly. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt. The fabric is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful ! I love the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lovely fabric and awesome design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful skirt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. craftoholic: Thank you so much. I really wanted to make a little fancier clothes this time, but still easy to wear. Not too precious.

    Nancy K: Yes, I wish there were more border prints like that available, at least in Sweden they are hard to come by.

    Camille: Aww, thank you!

    Petite Josette: I love it too :)

    Gail: Yes!

    Slipstitches: Thanks, the pattern is just a bunch of sewn pleats, but I love the body it gives the skirts.

    stephanie: Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous. The fabric is so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous skirt! And the fabric is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete