Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Transparency


Today I went to a fabric store for the first time in quite a while. It was nice to browse among the offerings without a having a particular purpose - I even stayed until they started to look the door. Anyways I came home with a really intriguing fabric - a cotton/poly poplin with a burnout pattern. Normally burnout fabrics tend to be quite fancy, like velvet and silk, but this cloth is much more casual, but still pretty special.


The best part is that it transforms depending on what you layer it on. Normally finding prints that matches a mono colour fabric is pretty hard, but by layering this fabric you get the same effect. Pretty neat I say! I have not decided how to use the fabric, so many possibilities, but I really want to do something that really utilizes the transparency.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I recently also worked with a sheer fabric and I have one keyword for you: underline! :) I'm sure you'll get a gem out of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>lin3arossa: Hehe, I will take your word for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, pretty. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

    ReplyDelete