Friday, May 28, 2010

The quiz show in pictures

Here comes a little round up of my quiz show appearance!

The intro scene. I am number 7.  As you can see there are hardly any height differences between us. That's because the shorter competitors stands on platform boards. The studio technician took one look at me and said "okay, this one will need a lot of platforms". 

Then we got a brief introduction where the viewers got to know that I am a journalist and love fashion. Not arguing with that!

I lucked out the first two rounds and got really easy questions. Like this one:  "what is the English word for snäcka (shell) which also is an oil company?"

If you made it trough the first two rounds without missing any question you get a third light. For every wrong answer a light bulb goes down. Three strikes and you are out. Of 12 competitors 3 makes it to the final, where the prize money is. It went really well for me in the beginning and suddenly we were only four left. 

And the four of us kept answering the questions right, so they raised the difficulty level. And then it all went downhill for me. I am pretty knowledgeable, but the other three were incredibly skilled.  
And then this question killed my chances to get to the final: 
"Which word describes a parchment from which writing has been partially or completely erased to make room for another text"
The answer is palimpsest. Does any of you guys know this word? I have never heard it before.

And thus my quiz game appearance ended. 

I didn't get any prize, but I enjoyed the experience immensely! It was a lot of fun getting a behind the scenes look at television production and I loved the shot of adrenaline I got from the competition. The full episode is here.

6 comments:

  1. nds like you did quite well! congratulations. i watched a bit but my swedish isn't good enough to understand anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see someone who is "familiar" to me. Your last question was not so easy to answer. I've never heard of it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "palimpsest" - is that English or Swedish? I hope the latte, because I've certainly never heard of it... It was fun watching it, even though I have no idea what you all were saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that word either!! But thanks for sharing what the experience was like. I like the lightbulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I have heard the word palimpsest before, but I thought it meant a tragedy or something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the word! Actually was nerdy enough to shout it out as I do when watching these games : Jeopardy/US, Questions pour un champion/Fr, Telegenie/HT, LOL!!!

    But you looked great, very much like you do on the blog (this is a good thing),

    ReplyDelete