Monday, March 22, 2010

Stewart + Brown = gorgeous
eco friendly designs


A work mate showed me an ad for the American design duo Karen Stewart and Howard Brown the other day and let me tell you it was love at first sight! Maybe they are well known in the US, but I had never heard of them before. Their label stewart+brown makes absolutely gorgeous clothes in primarily organically grown fibers, like these jersey dress beauties above. I want to own almost everything in their line! And they also donate a percentage of all sales to non-profit, non-governmental environmental and social welfare organizations. I want, no I need, that dark gray wrap dress.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of them either. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont forget to do the hair too! Oh these are too yummy. They might even be appropriate for the ah mature woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of them either, but I love the collar on the grey dress. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a stewart + brown longsleeve tee in organic cotton from about 4 years ago and it's super-comfy. i haven't kept up with them since, and they did not have such beautiful designs then! Their offerings were very basic knits with a tiny, insignificant twist (like super-long sleeves on my shirt). I like these dresses a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! btw, i might need a floremark shirt soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool to hear to more than just me responded to this brand!
    And Antoinette; that was interesting to hear, they have certainly raised the bar since, maybe they were just testing the water back then?
    And Kyle, Ooh I feel very flattered :)

    ReplyDelete