Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Busy, busy and my little helper


Mostly due to having a garment featured in an Etsy newsletter (yay!) I ended up getting five orders on Saturday. Which means that all I am doing this week is working - from morning (day job) to night (Floremark). So yesterday I enlisted my eldest daughter as a pattern maker assistant. She helped me trace the patterns and prep them for grading, and did a wonderful job with it, even though she grunted a bit. I think I might enlist her services again in the future. 

Anyhow my plans for making the bridal dress muslin, finishing the blouse and sewing up a spring collection  is a little on the hold. Lets just say I got a lot on my plate right now! And on Friday I need to get up before 6 AM to pick up more fabric from a supplier for the sold out Olga blouse before I go to work.
Thank gawd for coffee. So yes, updates might be a little spare this week, (though I do plan to post about the walking foot that has finally arrived) . But next week I'll hopefully be back on my regular schedule!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's good to be busy! (and I'll keep quiet about the child labour if the authorities come asking! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I like to keep 'em busy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! & congrats on the feature in the Etsy nL!
    :)

    ReplyDelete