Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nurse Johanna

Dress from Mrs Stylebook (see my old pattern review)
Cardigan from Floremark (long sleeve version)

I guess you could call this blue shirtdress post another instalment of what I have made and like but seldom wear (but today I did). The dress is (rather) loosely based on a Mrs Stylebook pattern and owes more than a little nod to an old nurse uniform. I do like the dress, despite its severity, but I seldom wear it. I guess partly it's because the dress takes forever to iron and the skirt still wrinkles like crazy, despite me ambitiously underlining it with cotton batiste. So it's usually only when I have no other clean clothes that I tend reach for this dress. I have a few more garments like this and I think the common denominator is that they are all a bit too fussy/ formal/fancy for my day-to-day life. But I don't think I will ever part with this dress, despite the lack of mileage.

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely a keeper of a look: soft and feminine, and the colour of the dress goes so well with your eyes. I'm sure we all have a garment or two (or more!) we're not willing to give up, no matter how rarely it actually gets air time. Congratulations on your continuing successes with Floremark.

    ReplyDelete