Friday, February 26, 2010

Fabric fair frenzy


Today was my lucky day, not only was I off from work, it was also the first day of Göteborgs spring fabric fair. In the past it has been so-so, but this time it was just awesome. There were so many wonderful spring fabrics and I saw some amazing prints. One of those prints went home with me and will most likely make it into my spring collection. You can see a glimpse of it to the lower left, it is a bold pink/white "Marimekko" type of print in rayon/lycra. I plan to make a skirt out of it. Even though you mostly see me sewing blue and grey garments, I do like both bold colours and prints, it just that I am super picky and have a hard time finding what I want. But I think this one will work.

Glamorous notions.

The bra to the right is made from the same
Kwik-sew pattern as
my bra.

Pattern explosion (sorry for my crappy, blurry mobile pics)

The print that I bought deserves a better presentation than crappy cell phone photos so I will do a separate post about the fabric. But now it's time to go to bed!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I wish there was a fabric fair somewhere near me. Oh, I take that back. It is probably good we don't have a fabric fair nearby!! I do not need more fabric right now!!
    I believe your pink fabric is going to be quite beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fun it seams. I really like that pink fabric. Wish I have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you left something there for me, I'm going to the fair this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete