Friday, January 8, 2010

2009 - a year of sewing


JANUARY
I made a blouse with a tea dyed lace insert.


FEBRUARY

I sewed the Diana bag for a friend.


MARCH


I joined Clevergirl's pant sew-along and decided to a Anthropologie knock-off. Here is the end result.

APRIL
I sewed my first silk velvet garment. It was a struggle, but I love the dress.

MAY
I went fabric shopping with Melissa in London.


JUNE
I made my first rain coat and won a prize for it.



JULY
I used one of my London fabrics to make a Burda dress with puff sleeves.

AUGUST
I made a pair of skinny jeans using Burdastyle's Anita pattern.

SEPTEMBER

I got hooked on sewing camisoles.


OCTOBER
I began selling some garments on Etsy and got featured in a newsletter along a former Project Runway contestant. It remains the highlight of my Etsy venture.


NOVEMBER
I made a new skirt design, which I named Edith. It's one of my favorite design ever.


DECEMBEROn New Years Eve I finally got to wear the dress that I made for the Timmel SWAP contest in 2008. I love making party dresses, but I seldom wear them.

------------------------------------

All in all 2009 was an incredible productive year for me, sewing wise. I think a big reason behind that is that 2009 was a very stable year for me, with few stressors and no tumultuous life changes. It's so much easier to be creative when things around me is in place.

9 comments:

  1. You made some really gorgeous things in 2009. Thanks for the rundown. I hope 2010 is another good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all such lovely results! I love the garment a month format, forgive me if I duplicate it on my blog (imitation being the sincerest form of flattery!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your blog; I have given you an award. Please come to my blog to see how you can receive it. www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the blouse with the lace insert! I'm currently looking for ways to incorporate lace in garments, without being frilly or too girlish, and this is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2009 was a very good sewing year for you. Looking forward to seeing what you make in 2010. Your photos are always excellent, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made up some very nice garments last year. I look forward to seeing more lovely sewing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just beautiful! i think the skirt is my favorite in this posting

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these pieces are gorgeous. I love your sense of design. Congratulations on a great year and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed looking at your recap of the year. I love those knock-of pants - I can't imagine putting in all of those buttonholes and buttons, though!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete