Tuesday, December 15, 2009

When in doubt...



... sew underwear. My sewing projects are all over the place right now and I have a hard time focusing, so I decided to make something that offers instant gratification. The cami pattern is Kwik Sew 2467 (and the same as this one). I love it even more this time, it's such a nice classic style.



The fabric was a bear to sew however, it's a microfiber knit that repels needles - I had a lot of problem with skipped stitches and ended up omitting the scallop hem. Maybe I should have used a microtex needle instead?

8 comments:

  1. Hallo Johanna, your cami looks really cute. For fabrics like this, I can highly recommand "Organ superstretch" needles. (http://www.elingeria.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=302)
    With lycra and other microfibres those work better than jersey or microtex needles for me. Bye, Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>Ulrike: Awesome, thank you for the needle suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a relly cute cami. Lingerie fabrics and laces are such fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain about your sewing projects being all over the place. Most of my year has been like that! Sweet little cami!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute.

    http://cupcaketrash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete