Monday, December 7, 2009

Stripes on my mind




Maybe it's because it's the only thing my youngest daughter wants to wear. Or maybe it's just some general stripe zeitgeist going on, but lately I have been thinking a lot about stripes. So tonight I toyed around with some stripey design ideas in order to satisfy my creative urge. I am aching to dive into a new project right now and the Hedy blouse is on hold since I had to order the fabric from the US - I can't pay $70 per meter, which is what the only silk I liked retails for here in Sweden. So in the meantime I think I am going to work on the stripes. 

4 comments:

  1. Pretty stripe designs.
    I'm anxious to start a new project too. That is a gorgeous blouse.Where did you order your silk from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute designs (I like the wide stripes on the collar and cuff), and extremely cute stripey daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think stripes are delicious! Wish I could find better options locally for striped knits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Ann: I got it off Ebay, I actually settled for a silk/cotton blend in sage. I thought it would be more stable to work with, since I am going to put a zipper in.

    >>Digs: Thank you!

    >>Antoinette: Maybe we could switch hometowns for a day? Here in Sweden striped knits are everywhere, but moderately priced silks are nowhere to be found!

    ReplyDelete