Sunday, December 27, 2009

Evelyn top



Remember this? Well one of those sketches has now materialised into an actual garment. I really enjoyed designing and making this one, it's a fun challenge to translate a drawing into something that works in fabric too. The biggest task was to figure out how to make the tie detachable and after a lot of thinking I settled for a very simple solution- metal snaps.





I put it up in the shop as well and named it Evelyn. Maybe the top is a little too idiosyncratic for anyone else, but personally, I am very happy with this design!

8 comments:

  1. I love it! The little tie is fun/kitschy/cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>Kid, MD: Aww, thank you, those are three adjectives that I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful. You did a great job! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Ann: Thank you, that is so encouraging to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute! I love that you've made the top even more versatile by making it detachable, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The metal snaps is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love the stripes. How did you learn to draft patterns?

    ReplyDelete