Saturday, November 14, 2009

Quick vintage dress makeover




  • Shorten the hem 21 cm (8 inches) (check)
  • Add back darts (check)
  • Resew the side seams so that the waist hits my actual waist and not my upper hips. (check)
I bought this polyester knit 70's shirt dress a couple of weeks ago in a vintage store. It was too big and too long but I could see it had potential. I seldom buy vintage clothes anymore since I prefer to make the clothes myself, it just works better for me - no fit compromises, weird smells and I can make styles exactly like I want them. But sometimes it's fun to wear the real deal so I decided to purchase this dress and give it a little makeover. And I am very happy with the result, I am always on the lookout for comfortable dresses in fun prints, and this one fits the bill. Now I just need to get rid of that old lady perfume smell and I'm all set.

3 comments: