Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A skirt in progress and other stuff


Right now it's just some fabric and ties pinned to a dress form, but it's a start anyway. I plan to make a drawstring skirt out of the Maud Fredin Fredholm fabric that I purchased two weeks ago. I am a sucker for skirts in knit fabrics, I have done about half a dozen over the years in everything from printed rayon jersey to heavy wook knits. The knit skirts are the ones I tend to reach for in the mornings - you know easy-care (no ironing) and comfort. I can be such a granny sometimes. Though I have yet to embrace the whole navy polyester double knit look!

The skirt will also have pockets, a partly elasizised waist and be all around super practical and comfortable.

Also I have started a Facebook fan page for my line if you want to join.



4 comments:

  1. That fabric is just awesome - it has a Japanese feel to it. I went by your Etsy shop and loved your styles. Will recommend to my non-sewing friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is coming along beautifully. Just wanted to let you know I've pass on the Kreativ Blogger award -- please come by to pick it up sometime if you are so inclined :) --
    http://www.clevergirl.org/2009/10/175-kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackan du har i din Etsy-butik är helt fantastisk. Så otroligt söt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Gail: Thank you. And no I won't be quitting my day job any time soon! But I hope to sell at least one garment before christmas. That's my goal right now :)

    >>Anotinette: Oh, what an honor! Will check that out of course. But first sleep I think, it's getting late over here and I need to start unwind.

    >>Moa: Jag tackar och bugar *känner mig jättesmickrad*

    ReplyDelete