Thursday, October 8, 2009

On my review desk today


Yes another Coco Chanel movie! It's a three hour TV-special featuring Shirley MacLaine among others. As you might remember I was slightly underwhelmed by the movie Coco avant Chanel (despite gorgeous visuals and a fantastic actress). I was however very taken by her life story and how she challenged so many norms in the society. So when I saw the dvd Coco Chanel - She conquered with style as a magazine freebie today I went ahead and bought the magazine. Have any of you guys seen it? I plan to review it later this week, just need to find 180 minutes of uninterrupted time!

Other fashion movies that I have reviewed:
Valentino - The Last Emperor
The September Issue
Giorgio Armani - A man for all seasons
Seamless
Unzipped
Marc Jacobs/Louis Vuitton and Lagerfeld Confidential
Yves Saint Laurent and Signe Chanel

4 comments:

  1. I saw it! Let's just say I bet Coco Avant Chanel is better... if only because Audrey Tautou is in it. To be honest, I had my laptop out and was surfing the web and "watching" by the end of the Shirley McLaine one. I don't know if you want me to say anything more...??? The Chanel staircase is so very famous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>Antoinette: LOL! "I had my laptop out and was surfing the web and "watching" by the end of the Shirley McLaine one" I gather it wasn't that fetching then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What miscasting. Shirley as Coco? That's about as baffling as Shirley's psycho-babble and her amorous interest in a very boring Australian Prime Ministerial aspirant. My pick of the fashion movies is The September Issue. I haven't seen the Valentino movie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Gail: Yes I feel weird about Shirley too, though admittedly I have not yet watched the film. The September issue is my favorite too of this years crop.

    ReplyDelete