Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hey you!


Can't believe it's been a week since I last blogged. Time goes by fast sometimes. I've been to Stockholm for a few days and have been busy in general. I do have tons of stuff to blog about, but I'll start by doing the meme that comes with the award that Antoinette and Sue so kindly gave to me.


1. I am very very scared of snakes. My phobia even spills on to lizards as they kinda reminds me of snakes.

2. I used to be a librarian. But it wasn't the right fit for me.

3. This Monday, after a co-worker's suggestion, I applied to a televised quiz show (they where looking for female contestants). On Tuesday morning a producer called and asked me 20 questions. I had to get at least 10 questions right to qualify, I scored 11 (just barely scraping by here!). So now I'm gonna be on national television, and the whole thing feels really weird.

4. I used to cook, preserve and bake like there was no tomorrow. But now I just don't have the time or energy anymore. I think sewing has eaten my kitchen time.

5. I am 37 years old. I feel very comfortable with my age, but I am also someone who likes to leave at least a toe in the door of my younger years. It was crazy and sometimes hard, but I also had a lot of fun!

6. I can give Seinfeld a run for the money when it comes to being a breakfast cereal aficionado. I always have several kinds at home and sometimes when I go to bed I long for the morning when I can have my cereals again.

7. I am addicted to coffee. But I have no plans to kick that addiction. Coffee just gives me too much pleasure.

BTW, tomorrow marks the day of my 1 year anniversary as a blogger. I plan to do a little give-away to celebrate so stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, be sure to tell us more about the TV quiz show when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that I'm surprised you have only been blogging for one year. This is one of my favorite blogs, I periodically run through my list, and the quality images and variety of posts are a true delight.
    I don't normally pat others on the back in the blog world, but this blog is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like everything you do is working out great for you. How fun to be on a TV show. Let us know all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah fame...everyone needs at least 15 minutes of it. PS at 38 you still are your younger you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to learn I'm not the only one who longs for morning so I can eat my cereal...

    For me it will soon be one year since I've started sewing! I've lost interest in most other activities I had before sewing...if I have free time, I spend it with my sewing machine, of course after my children are gone to bed...or when they are watching a very long movie mommy picked out for them when it's raining and I feel like sewing!!

    Your blog is one of my favorite...

    I enjoy your movie reviews...thanks to you I discovered movies and documentary about fashion/sewing, I've watched the whole Lagerfeld and Marc Jacobs documentaries on Youtube, and I can't wait to see the others... thanks! Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  6. >>Christina: I will, but I'm will probably also feel rather embarrassed...

    >>Jenny: Thank you so much! *blushes*

    >>Ann: I am going to blog about that experience for sure, and they will probably mention my sewing since that was the only interest I could think of when asked about my hobbies!

    >>Gail: You are right! I am gonna think about it that way :)

    >>Chantal: It is so cool to hear that you find my reviews useful. Hope you find more of them to watch! I am on a constant search myself. And yay for the cereals, I too was thrilled to hear that I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really would love to see the TV show! How cool is that? I know how you feel about the coffee -- I don't drink much (1-2 cups a day) but I do enjoy the taste enough that I won't cut this vice.

    ReplyDelete