Friday, October 2, 2009

Pin tucks are go!

Suddenly they are everywhere, those narrow pin tucks. And I find them in rather unlikely places - like on the sleeves of this winter coat.

From MQ.

Another example that I want to plug is the blouse from Boden with pin tucks on the collar that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago. Luckily the talented artist Emily Martin followed my style advice (eeehh, I wish!) and bought the blouse.



Emily Martin.

So if you are aching to try a new sewing technique this winter I'd say go for pin tucks. And as a bonus from this impromptu fashion blogger you'll get a photo of me looking seriously scary while trying on the MQ coat during my lunch break today (if Count Dracula was texting, this is what it would look like).


1 comment:

  1. I am still laughing :
    "if Count Dracula was texting"

    Girl, you make me laugh! I bought a Vogue pattern for a pintucked coat last winter but there are no sleeve pintucks. I will have to look it up if you it doesn't ring any bells.

    ReplyDelete