Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Looking for some new reading

Potential new favorites.

I'm having an adverse reaction towards major fashion and other glossy magazines right now (Elle, Vogue, etc). So I am looking for some new reading. I enjoy Bust, but I want more indie style publications devoted to fashion and crafts. Therefore I have decided to try out Mixtape and Worn. The former is a craft zine, the latter a fashion magazine. I heard a great interview with the Mixtape founder yesterday, so that made me even more curious. Although I became a little skeptical when she said that they pretty much accepts all submissions, but maybe that's just the journalist in me who likes to see some editorial quality control?

Anyhow, does anyone have other suggestions on non-mainstream publications about crafts and fashion? I would love to hear about them.

4 comments:

  1. This one caught my eye recently
    http://www.peppermintmag.com/
    fashion + craft + eco awareness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Du Jour from the U.S.? Print mags in limited runs for $36 each, online mag subscription for $9.99 for the year, and free previews/ limited selection of images on the site. Check it out here:

    http://dujourmag.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. >> Katherine h and Antoinette: Thank you for the tips, I will look them up and see if I can order them to Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. world sweet world from NZ is a great little mag as well.

    ReplyDelete