Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another sneak peak


Here is a preview of another design that I plan to sell. This sweaterjacket is made of thick gray marled wool knit and I only got a remaint so this will be a very limited edition. I will call this jacket Graydon I think. Also I am in the midst of setting up an Etsy shop and I have already gotten a bit frustrated with Etsy's limitations. For a start you can't change your username so I have to open a separate account for my shop. Which means that I can't bring my old transactions into my new account (I have been an Etsy member since 2006). So if you plan to get an Etsy buyer account and maybe some day start a shop too, consider your name choice carefully and don't just pick a generic username. I guess what it boils down to is that Etsy's structure is more of a craft community than a business oriented shop solution, hence the limitations.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, it's beautiful! I love the front closure. I felt the same frustration that you can't change your username on Etsy and carry your transaction history forward. Well, I'm excited for your new shop anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful jacket, elegant with a touch of uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should leave a comment in your shop info that you have feedback under such and such a name; I've seen other people list their other shops, so I assume that would be fine. Lovely jacket.
    / Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice jacket and great fabric choice. Is that your own design?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful jacket - I love the simple but unique design. Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! That is looking fantastic. The front closure is GREAT. Also, I love, love, love gray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cute jacket. I love the front closure and texture.

    ReplyDelete