Monday, July 27, 2009

Thrilled


It's finally official - I won third place in the My pattern contest! I am super thrilled and really flattered, I honestly didn't expect to place so high since my design was more conventional than many other entries. And a big thanks to all you readers who helped me pick the design. And it feels like I have already (and unknowingly) celebrated the victory - since we had strawberry cake for lunch today :)

The prize is $65 worth of software from Wild ginger. I am a long time user of their Pattern master program, but for the last couple of years I have switched more to manual pattern drafting since it's nice to be able to use a pen and paper sometimes - I spend so much time in front of the computer anyway. The program I am most excited about is Wild things vintage, looks like a lot of cool vintage designs are included.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!You did a terrific job with the design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You deserve it. Love the coat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, great effort. All that cussing paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done - Your coat is a stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! You put so much work into that coat, you deserve a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Well-deserved honor for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must confess that I voted for you. I love your rain jacket.

    ReplyDelete