Monday, June 8, 2009

Back to school


Today is the first day of the pattern making class that I signed up for in December. The theme is innovative pattern making and amongst the things we will learn are how to make patterns out of finished garments, how to grade for different sizes, how to use geometric shapes and how to drape. It sounds pretty exciting so I hope the class will live up to my expectations. Also truth to be told, I'm pretty nervous and a lot of thoughts has been racing through my head this morning. What will my classmates be like? Young and fashion conscious? Will I find someone I can talk to? And lunch, will that be a social matter? And if not should I bring a book to keep me occupied during the lunch hour? I'm not a shy person by any means, but new settings always makes me a bit jittery.

Angst aside, I will definitely blog about my experience later this week. Now I'm off to catch a tram!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting that adults still suffer the same anxiety with new social situations as kids. Like "who will I sit with at lunch"? Some things just never change. Enjoy your class, and I hope you find a lunch buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once everyone in class reads your blog, you'll be the most popular one, guaranteed. :) What a great opportunity to take this class! Look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful class! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    I always feel like that when going somewhere new too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I wish I could take a class like that. My local community college does teach some advanced sewing classes, but they are never at night, or during the summer, when I can take them. Hope you learn TONS! Oh, and I'm glad you were able to get more fabric for the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete