Vote for a coat

Monday, May 11, 2009


First thing first - thank you all for nice comments about the bag! And secondly, I need a little help. I'm making a raincoat for Pattern review's pattern making competition and have sketched out two designs. But I can't decide which one to make - I like them both. My wardrobe, however, doesn't need two raincoats so that's why I'm having a readers poll. Just post which one you think I should choose and the one who gets the most votes will be the one I'll make.

Style A: Blue raincoat. It's inspired by a vintage leather jacket that I own, which in turn has taken it's cue from the classic trenchcoat. I want the coat to have a naval theme and plan to use white snaps or buttons. There will also be a detachable hood under the collar. I'm a little partial to this coat since it already has it's own song.

Style B: Circle coat. This is the quintessential Scandinavian raincoat with a built-in hood. The circle print waterproof fabric is from Stoff och Stil and the jacket is designed with this print in mind.

You Might Also Like

15 kommentarer

  1. Both are great but I vote for style A. I love the idea of a detachable hood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the band detail on coat B, with the 3 circles on it. How does that work exactly?

    I am a huge fan of dots because they are so much fun so I have to go with coat B, purely from a "love that fabric" point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although both style are great, I love coat "B" with the dots. I think it would to fun to have a "fun" raincoat! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd also choose "B". At the moment, there are just too many trenchcoat style jackets around! (Although I like them!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. B looks as if would cope better with serious rain, and the fabric is terrific. I enjoyed looking at the fabric site. Is it a breathable waterproof or a coated fabric? I wish I spoke Swedish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say 'B' - something a little different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote B for the fabric and for the "utility". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for 'A'. I love the clean lines. What a good challange you're giving yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote A as well. But I just prefer clean lines and am not a polka dot person :). Both look pretty difficult to me - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for the polka dots, though I think a detachable hood would be great for that design too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are great, but I particularly like B! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another vote for style B here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think B is the one. Looks like a really fun coat. I've been lurking for a couple of months. Love what you create!
    KarenJeanette

    ReplyDelete