Sunday, April 5, 2009

A pattern perfect stool


We visited a recycle/refashion center today and this little piece of furniture just begged to be brought home to our household (although I don't think my boyfriend heard the stool's call quite as loud as I did...). The pattern tears must be from a pattern magazine, I suspect it's from the Swedish Allt om handarbete but I can't tell for sure. The surface is coated with some kind of lacquer that looks like it's acrylic based.

This patterned piece now resides in our kitchen and I have to say it's the most charming stool I have ever met
:)

6 comments:

  1. That stuff might be decoupage glue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> Geek sewing: Thank you for the info. I'm such a craft illiterate, sewing is the only thing I'm familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you not buy that stool? It was meant for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must have ESP---first the curtains and now the stool. I just decoupaged my kitchen stools with a great print paper. I will send a pic to you!

    ReplyDelete